1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, gingerbread spices, baking powder, and salt until thoroughly blended.
3. In a separate large bowl, mix the butter and brown sugar until smooth and creamy. Then add eggs and whisk until combined.
4. Add orange zest, vanilla extract to the bowl of wet ingredients and mix until combined.
5. Slowly add dry ingredients with the maple syrup to the bowl of wet ingredients and mix until combined.
6. Drop a spoonful of dough onto a cookie sheet and use floured fingertips to press down into disc shapes.
7. Cook for 10-12 minutes.
1. Create Glaze by mixing 2 cups powdered sugar with 1 TBP of bourbon and 1 TBSP of orange juice.
2. Once cookies are done, remove from oven and cool on wire rack. When cooled, Glaze and add some candied ginger. Allow glaze to set and enjoy!